This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving

English: Oven roasted turkey, common fare for ...
English: Oven roasted turkey, common fare for Christmas and Thanksgiving celebrations. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
        Are you ready for the big feast tomorrow?    As I write this a week ahead of time I don't know what my Thanksgiving Day plans will be.  I know what city I'll be in, but I don't know what I'll be doing for dinner.  I guess I'm at the mercy of my hosts and whatever plans we all come up with for the day.

         Thanksgiving has always been a favorite time for me.  I love that dinner.   I am King of the Oyster Stuffing and the Lord of the Pies.   And then after a bit of a rest or maybe even a nap I'm back for another helping.  It's the best meal of the year--usually.   I wonder what I'll have this year?

 Don't Forget the Clues!

          This coming Sunday December 1st will be a Battle of the Bands Christmas special.   Be here to vote for your favorite version of a Christmas song that you undoubtedly know.  What is the song?   You'll find out for sure on Sunday, but if you want to try to guess I've sprinkled clues throughout today's post and in Monday's post.   If you think you know the song then tell us in the comments.

Cheersfest Sign-up

         Tomorrow's turkey is not the only the only bird being roasted.  On December 9th yours truly will be roasted in this year's Cheersfest.      For details visit the explanatory post at Mark Koopmans' blog.  To sign up add your name to the Linky List below:

******
          Where are you celebrating your Thanksgiving this year?    Do you have the traditional dinner planned?    Did you guess my Battle of the Bands song pick from the clues I've left so far?

Enhanced by Zemanta

25 comments:

  1. We usually don't travel for Thanksgiving, but that's fine by me. Ready for a day of food and football.
    Have a great Thanksgiving wherever you go, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Lee to you and family! Sounds like it will rock no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to add that we don't have a Thanksgiving Day here in South Africa - we do the turkey ham chicken mince pies and much more besides at Christmas ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. December 9th huh ? Must be fun
    We had our mini Thanksgiving on Saturday as our son was home from Hawaii. Since our daughter is very close may be we will have one more mini Thanksgiving anyway.
    Enjoy the holiday where ever you are
    and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving!I'm thankful that my family is mostly local and only one person has to travel. Traditional dinner planned at my sister, but we are adding rice & beans to the menu as a nod to one member's culture. I'd like to make it a tradition to add one non-traditional item to the menu each year, seems like a fun thing to do. (As long as it isn't sea urchin or insects.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Arlee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oyster stuffing? >gag<
    But, um, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of the good wishes and same to you all. Sad for me, but looks like no oyster stuffing. Good stuff!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll miss Thanksgiving this year with my family as I have a visa problem, but will get back for Christmas. Have a glorious Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee-

    I've never heard of oyster stuffing-I've only ever had the bread kind.

    Hope you have a great holiday, my friend!

    Those of you traveling for the holiday, be safe!

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving! Wherever you are, I hope it will be wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. On the road. Very last minute plans to be with family for Thanksguving. We'll have a traditional dinner as long as I get there in time to cook it.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're having Thanksgiving at home with Todd's family. Nice and small.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like nice festivities are being planned. No one's having oyster dressing?

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great Thanksgiving - you end up. My pies are just about ready to come out of the oven. The smell is so wonderful, but now come the really, really hard part--not eating them until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a great Thanksgiving wherever you are. All this turkey talk makes me hungry. We have to wait til Christmas for the next bird.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great Thanksgiving Lee, to you and your entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a great Thanksgiving. I doubt your kids remember me, but send them my best wishes anyway.

    I'm cooking traditional stuff for Turkey Day, but I'm thinking about doing an English dinner for Christmas. I've never cooked a goose, and I want to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks all!

    Kelly -- I know Ada remembers you. A goose sounds like an interesting meal. I've never had it as far as I know. Let us know how it turns out.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lee - I suspect you had a grand meal and thoroughly enjoyed it .. and that there might have been a nap afterwards ..

    Happy Thanksgiving and that turkey looks good .. mine is now just over 3 weeks away! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you had a fabulous and satisfying feast. That photo up top makes me want to roast another turkey today. Well, maybe not roast it but eat it for sure. Today, I'd best go do some extra exercise instead.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Arlee, I joined in and thought that i posted a comment but sorry i missed it. anyways here comes my Season's Greetings to you and all yours. Have a blessed time ahead,
    Keep inform
    Best
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! I'm too late for the 'roast', but I'll have to check it out over at cheerfest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee