This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Creative Blog Award

Christmas in the post-War United StatesImage via Wikipedia


          
            I know I said a while back that I wasn't going to be doing the blog award thing, but I did say that I would try to acknowledge them when I could.  This post has been sitting here since April, when I was busy with the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.    For the Christmas lull period while I'm on vacation I thought I'd preschedule this post of award acknowledgement.

           And speaking of Blogging from A to Z, if you aren't following the official Blogging from A to Z Blog I hope you will check it out.   Right now we are in the middle of a series of posts by past participants of the Challenge.  You won't want to miss any special announcements about the Challenge so I encourage you to follow and check in every now and then.  Blogging from A to Z sign-ups begin on January 30, 2012.

And Now For Some Awards:


              Creative Blog Award

           During the April A to Z Challenge, one of my event co-hosts, Jeffrey Beesler, passed the Creative Blog Award to me.  I wanted to thank Jeffrey for this gesture and the kind words that accompanied it.







            Another award from April came to me from Deidra Eden-Coppel at A Storybook World.     I don't recall what the award was but I noted it in this post I started months ago.  I think it had something to do with best Science Fiction blog or something like that.   Sorry Deidra.  But I still say thanks.




         Then there was this Jiminy Cricket commenting award from Jenny Pearson at The Pearson Report.   Thanks Jenny-- I try to leave as many decent comments as I can, but I'm not always so good keeping up with emails and such when I get inundated.  At least I saved the email she sent me so I could acknowledge this award.






I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!




A Christmas market in Clifton Mill, Ohio, Unit...Image via Wikipedia






              
Enhanced by Zemanta

24 comments:

  1. That Jiminy Cricket award is so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the awards, Lee, especially on the one from my dear Jenny Pearson :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noteworthy accomplishments Lee. All the best to you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do very well with your commenting, Lee! Hope you're having a good Christmas holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award Lee,
    Am keeping up with the Offical A to Z. love reading about it.

    Thanks for your visit much appreciated.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a merry christmas and my best wishes for your new year.

    regards
    mood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on those awards Lee. I seriously doubt many could argue with you being gifted with these, excellent writing as usual, I'm pumped for April!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very deserving Lee! Great job and great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blog awards are cute but there are a lot of them floating around. Happy holidays to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on all the awards. If they were actual trophies, you'd need a new closet by now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the visits today. I'm having a great time getting to see family during my whirlwind Christmas vacation tour.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on receiving all those awards. A to Z challenge was fun. Looking forward to take it again.
    Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the jiminy cricket award is the best. Somehow I think of you (however you want to take that in the most positive light!). And I love that photo from Wikipedia. It shimmers right off the computer screen!!

    I see in an above comment that you're enjoying family visiting right now. My daughter and I REALLY enjoyed being with my other three children and all the grandchildren yesterday also. Families are IT.

    Have a MOST wonderful last week of the Old Year.
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting to learn about your naming journey. I'm going to go by my initials, partly to disguise my gender in the male-dominated SF world, and partly because initials look grown up and professional to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lee .. congratulations on the awards - you most certainly deserve them.

    Have a wonderful festive week and here's to a very successful and happy 2012 ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your awards. Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the awards! Here's hoping 2012 brings you and yours a very deserved healthy and happy journey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the awards and I hope you're enjoying every moment of hte holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait! A to Z here I come!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Catching my breath after a whirlwind tour of northern CA. Why can't my family move to a village and live across the street from each other?

    Hope the Challenge if fun. I might take a look to see what the stir is all about.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Guide Vietnam is pleased to offer you flight schedule on Vietnam Airlines which has 11 daily flights from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh - Book Vietnam Airline. Big discount, Cheapest price, 24/7 support - Tel: (84-1) 682-28-10-87.
    Let FareCompare guide you to the cheapest flights from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi - Book Vietnam Airline. Big discount, Cheapest price, 24/7 support – Tel: (84-1) 682-28-10-87.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee